The Alberni Valley Employment Centre provides free assistance and support to job-seekers in the Alberni-Clayoquot region of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada. We are the designated WorkBC Employment Services Centre in Port Alberni, with satellite offices in Tofino and Ucluelet.
WorkBC Employment Service Centres across the province are responsible for delivering the Employment Program of British Columbia, created by the Ministry of Social Development to provide a one-stop centre for employment and labour market services for clients, employers and communities..
AVEC's Resource Centres are fully staffed and equipped to help all unemployed people to access self serve resources, including current information on employment opportunities, and the use of computers, fax machines, photocopiers and telephones for job search and related activities. We also offer group based workshops on topics related to preparing for, finding, obtaining and maintaining employment, as well as access to training services, programs for apprentices and self-employment services.
Case Managers are available to help clients make career decisions, conduct a successful job search, or apply to participate in Employment Program of BC programs.
The Alberni Valley Employment Centre delivers the Employment Program of BC in partnership with INEO Employment Services, Alberni Community and Women's Services Society and Community Futures Development Corporation of Alberni Clayoquot, together delivering a broad scope of employment services to residents in the Alberni Clayoquot region.
The Alberni Valley Employment Centre is managed by Island Work Transitions, Inc. (IWT).
Island Work Transitions, Inc. Vision
To contribute to the community by providing the opportunity for all people to live and work with dignity and security.
- To serve all our clients, including the unemployed, those with barriers which prevent them from living fulfilling lives and those with disabilities, to help them find opportunities to improve their quality of life.
- To provide compassionate service and to work to facilitate lasting change that is guided by the needs and aspirations of the individual.
- To serve our business clients with professionalism, providing confidential, valuable business advice and counselling and innovative solutions.
- To work as a partner with the many other organizations within the employment services, social services and business community.
- To prioritize the creation of opportunities for women, the disabled, minorities, and disenfranchised people in the community.
- Integrity in all our actions.
- Respect for all individuals and their privacy.
- Dedication to doing the best job possible on every project.
- Commitment to the success of every client.
- Teamwork as a way of doing business.