The Alberni Valley Employment Centre provides a wide range of FREE employment services, including job search assistance, career counselling, and access to current job postings, computers, phones, fax and photocopier for job-search activities.
Our main office in Port Alberni, has a bright, open public space for job search activities, as well as private Case Manager offices and a meeting room for workshops. Our West Coast satellite offices provide residents with similar service in two locations: in Tofino on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and in Ucluelet on Wednesdays and Fridays.
For more information on locations and hours of service, please CLICK HERE.
Self Serve Resource Centre
- Computer stations with word-processing software for preparing resumés, cover letters and other documents related to the job search.
- Internet and email access for job search and career research.
- Free access to telephone, printers, fax machine, and copier for job search and career planning activities.
- Available telephone messaging service.
- A library of career-related resources.
- A Job Board of local job postings which is updated daily.
- Binders and folders containing current local, regional and national job listings.
- Friendly, accessible Resources Centre Advisors to assist you with all your job search needs and inquiries.
Workshops and Training
Case Management Services
- Client-centered Case Management services are conducted according to professional standards, with the highest respect for individual confidentiality.
- Job seekers are guided in developing their own Action Plans related to career development, education or job search in order to enhance their opportunities for finding employment.
Referral to Employment Program of BC Services
(**Click on links in boldface type below for more info on individual programs)
- Self-Employment Orientation and Assessment Services for clients who are eligible for, needing and potentially suitable for SE Services.
- Apprentices may be eligible for Financial Supports while participating in the Classroom Technical Training components of their Apprenticeship Training.
If you are having trouble finding work because you live in a remote area, have a disability, language or cultural barrier, or for any other reason, staff at Alberni Valley Employment Centre, or one of our Service Partners, will provide alternate service arrangements that can help you.